How to invest in the Metaverse?
The metaverse is a digital world that exists on top of the internet. It allows users to create and interact with virtual objects and experiences. The internet is something that people "browse." But, to a degree, people can "live" in the metaverse by interacting with other people and objects in the virtual world. The metaverse would be populated by virtual reality (VR) avatars of real world people. This is also sometimes referred to as the "virtual world", "digital world", or "cyberspace".
The Metaverse was first described by Neal Stephenson in his 1992 science fiction novel Snow Crash.
One of the most important aspects of the metaverse is that it provides a way for people to connect with each other in a more meaningful way. In our regular lives, we're often limited by geography. We can only interact with people who are close to us. But in the metaverse, we can connect with people from all over the world. This opens up new opportunities for business and friendship. Digital currency, such as Bitcoin, allows users to purchase goods and services within the metaverse.
The metaverse is also a great place for learning. There are many different virtual worlds out there, each with its own unique set of rules and customs. By exploring these worlds, we can learn more about other cultures and how they work.
The metaverse is growing in popularity, and there are many ways to invest in it.
1. One way to invest in the metaverse is by buying virtual reality (VR) headsets. VR headsets allow users to experience the metaverse in a more immersive way. Another way to invest in the metaverse is by buying virtual reality content. There is a growing market for VR content, and it is likely to continue to grow in the future.
2. Another way to invest in the metaverse is by buying virtual reality companies. There are many startups that are developing VR technology and content. These companies are likely to be successful in the future, so it is a good idea to invest in them.
3. Finally, another way to invest in the metaverse is by buying stocks and ETFs of companies that are heavily investing in this space. There are many companies that are investing in AR/VR/metaverse technology, and their stock prices are likely to increase in the future. So, if you want to invest in the metaverse via the public market here are a few options to research further.
The following is a list of a dozen companies developing technologies the metaverse in 2022:
1. Alibaba (BABA)
2. Amazon (AMZN)
3. Apple (AAPL)
4. Autodesk (ADSK)
5. Facebook (META)
6. Google (GOOGL / GOOG)
7. Microsoft (MSFT)
8. Nvidia (NVDA)
9. Roblox (RBLX)
10. Take Two Interactive (TTWO)
11. Tencent (TCEHY)
12. Unity Software (U)
These companies are all working on creating a digital world that users can interact with in a completely new way.
A dozen of the ETFs that are dedicated for the metaverse are:
1. ETC Group Global Metaverse UCITS ETF (METR)
2. Evolve Metaverse ETF (MESH)
3. Fidelity Metaverse ETF (FMET)
4. First Trust Indxx Metaverse ETF (ARVR)
5. Fount Metaverse ETF (MTVR)
6. Franklin Metaverse UCITS ETF (FLRA)
7. Global X Metaverse ETF (VR)
8. Horizons Global Metaverse Index ETF (MTAV)
9. ProShares Metaverse ETF (VERS)
10. Roundhill Ball Metaverse ETF (METV)
11. Simplify Volt Equity Web3 ETF (WIII)
12. Subversive Metaverse ETF (PUNK)
The metaverse is still in its early stages of development, but it is expected to grow significantly in the coming years. This would be an interesting space to key an eye on to see whether it lives up to the hype in the future.